Friday, April 29, 2011

enjoying beauty without intimidation...

Am I the only one who is torn between enjoying all the gorgeous design and art out there, and feeling totally intimidated by it? As I step out into the world, putting ME on display, sometimes it's hard to wonder "why bother?" Because so many people are doing so many beautiful and amazing things. And ME... well, I'm kind of messy and imperfect and often a little sensitive and moody. But maybe there is value in that. I realize that a lot of what I'm admiring has been painstakingly styled and created to be as perfect as possible. If I start out aiming for that as reality, then I'll ultimately be disappointed. And maybe there is value in reality. Maybe someone else needs a dose of that. Maybe vulnerable and imperfect is ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment