Thursday, September 15, 2011

Captain America

I don't know if it's through sheer determination, or exposure, or genetic predisposition, but my kids LOVE superheros. LOVE. My husband does too, and sharing this this with the kids is one of his greatest joys.

So for Brian's recent birthday, I made him his own Captain America shirt.

(Brian's shirt)


And once Hugh saw me making it, he had to have one too.

(Hugh's shirt)

For Brian's shirt I used a plain blue shirt he already had, but for Hugh I had to make a shirt that would work. Brian actually likes Hugh's shirt the best, and he thinks the contrasting red trim and envelope neckline make it look more like a something a superhero would wear. All the better.

I love these knit appliques, because they're nice and soft and as you wash them, the edges curl up a bit, giving the shirt a nice texture and kind of broken-in look.

Now I just need a photo of my two handsome guys together.

Coming soon: Rosemary's superhero shirt!

1 comment: